Mountain Mutual Water Company (MMWC) is the water supply and distribution entity for the Cripple Creek Mountain Estates property owners. It is the mission of MMWC to provide water to its member customers with the greatest safety and quality possible and to maintain the system for reliability and economy well into the future.
MMWC draws its water from wells located in the "Gillette Flats" area of Teller County. MMWC is regulated by federal and state laws and tests its water accordingly.
Notices and Announcements
- A new newsletter has been posted for the 2nd Quarter of 2020. You can view/download it here.
- Due to the (Covid-19) virus outbreak, the office is closed effective Thursday, March 26, 2020 until further notice. If you have a water emergency, please call (719) 689-2527 and leave a detailed message including your name, telephone number and property address. If you have an inquiry of any kind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a response will be sent as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
- Water Safety Information: EPA recommends that Americans continue to use and drink tap water as usual. The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that the, “presence of the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies and based on current evidence the risk to water supplies is low.” Additionally, according to the CDC, COVID-19 is mainly thought to spread between people who are in close contact with one another. Further, EPA’s drinking water regulations require treatment at public water systems to remove or kill pathogens, including viruses. These treatments include disinfectants such as chlorine that remove or kill pathogens before they reach the tap.
Our water system is treated and closely monitored. It is tested according to state requirements and has no pathogens, e-coli or coliform detected. MMWC’s Board of Directors and its employee will do everything possible to maintain safe, clean drinking water during these challenging times.
- New Notice: Effective May 16, 2020, the minimum late charge will increase to $12.50 per occurrence. This is a good incentive to be timely with your water payments.
- The Board of Directors schedule their monthly meetings for the second Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. CCME members are welcome to attend and non-members may attend with prior permission. Occassionally the meetings are canceled or postponed, so it is recommended that one check with the office prior to attending.