Mountain Mutual Water Company (MMWC) is the water supply and distribution entity for the Cripple Creek Mountain Estates property owners. It is the mission of MMWC to provide water to its member customers with the greatest safety and quality possible and to maintain the system for reliability and economy well into the future.
MMWC draws its water from wells located in the "Gillette Flats" area of Teller County. MMWC is regulated by federal and state laws and tests its water accordingly.
Notices and Announcements
- New Item: A new newsletter has been posted for the 3rd Quarter. You can read or download it here.
- Rate Change Notice
Over the past five years we have used a special assessment to pay for infrastructure improvements. When the Mountain Mutual Water Company Board of Directors adopted the five-year special assessment, we had a project plan developed to address many of our major improvements that were long overdue. We anticipated having this plan completed in the 5-year time frame. The team has accomplished many of our goals such as building 2 new 100,000-gallon tanks, installed a complete tank and pressure monitoring system, replaced over 10 miles of new HDPE piping including dozens of valves, intersections and flow meters. However, during the past five years our aging system has often dictated that we redirect resources to areas where major leaks or other system failures occurred. That means we still have a portion of our initial improvement plan to complete. Regardless, we did not want to extend the special assessment another year.
After careful consideration we have structured a rate plan that allows us to continue our infrastructure improvement plan while reducing the overall financial burden to our members. The rate schedule announcement below represents an approximately 5% reduction in the annual expenditure for water services and a 14% reduction for availability assessments as compared to the past several years!
Starting with the January 2021 billing cycle the rates will be as follows:
Metered Users (homes): Monthly - $37.50; Usage - $0.0225
Water Availability (vacant lots): $250.00 per year
All other rates and fees remain the same for 2021.
The projected revenues based on this rate schedule will allow us to continue to make improvements to our still aging water system as well as build reserves needed for the overall financial health of our company. This does not include funds needed for our new office structure.
We appreciate your continued support. The overwhelming positive support our team receives from the membership is amazing. We will continue to work diligently to make our water system one of the very best in Teller County and rural Colorado.
- Late Charge Notice: Effective May 16, 2020, the minimum late charge will increase to $12.50 per occurrence. This is a good incentive to be timely with your water payments.
- The office remains closed to the public. If you have a water emergency, please call (719) 689-2527 and leave a detailed message including your name, telephone number and property address. If you have an inquiry of any kind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a response will be sent as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
- Water Safety Information: EPA recommends that Americans continue to use and drink tap water as usual. The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that the, “presence of the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies and based on current evidence the risk to water supplies is low.” Additionally, according to the CDC, COVID-19 is mainly thought to spread between people who are in close contact with one another. Further, EPA’s drinking water regulations require treatment at public water systems to remove or kill pathogens, including viruses. These treatments include disinfectants such as chlorine that remove or kill pathogens before they reach the tap.
Our water system is treated and closely monitored. It is tested according to state requirements and has no pathogens, e-coli or coliform detected. MMWC’s Board of Directors and its employee will do everything possible to maintain safe, clean drinking water during these challenging times.
- The Board of Directors schedule their monthly meetings for the second Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. CCME members are welcome to attend and non-members may attend with prior permission. Occassionally the meetings are canceled or postponed, so it is recommended to check with the office prior to attending.